Scheduling a Special Event in a City Park

Community Event 4

Requirements for all Special Events:  

All special events must file an Attendance Estimate Form with the City Clerk to determine their interaction with licensing regulations. For more special event assistance you may visit the City of Boise Special Events page.

Applications for Special Events must be submitted no earlier than one (1) year prior to the event date and no later than ninety (90) days prior to the event date if beer/wine will be sold or forty-five (45) days prior to the event date otherwise. 

The permit process for using a park for your special event starts with scheduling your event's location, date and time. Submit applications to the Park Special Event Coordinator or City Clerk's Office for processing.  Fees vary according to facilities and event needs. For more information, please contact the Park Special Event Coordinator at (208) 608-7618.

Parks available to schedule for a special event include Ann Morrison Park, Julia Davis Park, Capitol Park, Veterans Memorial Park and the Greenbelt. Any event open to the general public and advertised is required to apply for a Special Event Permit with the City of Boise and applicable park use permits.