Resident/Non-Resident Policy

Boise City residents directly contribute to the operations of Boise Parks and Recreation Department's programs and services by payment of their property taxes.

The Fair-Share Policy (Non-Resident Fee) allocates an additional fee to nonresident users so that they also contribute, on an equitable basis, to the overall financing of the Department's operations.


Boise City residents live within the city limits. The boundaries that the U.S. Post Office uses and those that determine the city limits are not the same. Even though you may have a Boise mailing address, you may not live within the Boise City limits. Questions about residency?  Please visit Ada County Assessor at or call (208) 287-7262 for assistance.