Bernardine Quinn, a native of La Crosse, Wisconsin, moved to Boise in 1910 after her father established a cleaning supply firm in the City of Trees. A graduate of St. Teresa's Academy, Bernardine later served as secretary of the Boise Chamber of Commerce.
In 1924, Bernardine married Maurice Harold Quinn, founder of the Quinn Robbins heavy construction company. A longtime member of the Catholic Women's League, Bernardine was active in the church throughout her life. She was also involved in civic organizations, including the Silver Sage Council of the Girl Scouts and St. Alphonsus Hospital.
The park is one of the "Ribbon of Jewels" named for prominent local women.