750 N MOUNTAIN COVE RD
March 14 Bike Skills Park Construction Update:
The Reserve Street trail will no longer be open and archery range access will be relocated further down the berm. This closure will remain in place for the duration of the project, anticipated for August 2019. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as the site is built out!
Military Reserve Sewer Work
Starting Monday, March 25, drivers and pedestrians in the Military Reserve area will notice some traffic changes due to construction work near the intersection of Reserve Street and Mountain Cove Road. Crews will be connecting a sewer line to install a bathroom that will service the new dog park and new Bike Skills Park located in the basins. This project is being managed by Boise Parks and Recreation.
Mountain Cove Road from Reserve Street to Scout Lane will be closed from March 25 through April 18 for equipment staging and construction. This stretch of road will be closed to cars and pedestrians throughout the duration of the project.
In addition, Reserve Street will be reduced to one lane for about a week (expected March 25-29) during construction. There will be flaggers placed on either end of the one-lane section to keep traffic moving.
Anyone who wants to access businesses in the Fort Boise area should plan to enter via E. Garrison Road. Detour signs will be in place re-routing drivers from Fort Street and State Street through the Fort Street roundabout.
This signed detour will also guide drivers up Garrison to Scout Lane with the option to head north on Mountain Cove Road along Freestone Creek.
The sewer line work will be completed before the Race to Robie Creek on April 20.
If you have any questions or concerns about this project, please contact Boise Parks and Recreation by emailing BPR@cityofboise.org
The Archery Range is an addition to the Military Reserve for those who enjoy the recreation of archery.
- One at 10 yards
- Two at 20 yards
- Two at 30 yards
- One at 40 yards
- One at 50 yards
- One at 60 yards
Archery Safety Regulations
- Archers shall shoot only at designated targets.
- Archers shall shoot only from shooting line.
- Archers shall ensure that the area is clear before shooting.
- All archers must be done shooting before arrows are retrieved.
- All children under twelve (12) shall be under adult supervision.
- Archery range is open from sunrise to sunset.
- Archers shall treat the archery range with respect, pick up trash and leave the area cleaner than upon arrival.
- All competitive events must be approved by and scheduled through Boise Parks & Recreation Department.
Archers Shall Not
- Use broadhead arrows.
- Use crossbows.
- Use paintball guns or firearms of any sort.
- Use personal target butts.
- Use alcoholic beverages within the boundaries of the archery range.
- Allow pets within the boundaries of the archery range.
Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
The Archery Range is available at a drop-in basis with no
cost to users.
It may be reserved for Community Events. There is a
$50/day reservation fee. Call our reservation line at (208)
608-7644 to make a reservation.
Smoking and vaping are prohibited in all public parks, including within 20 feet of the Boise Greenbelt, except in designated areas within Ann Morrison and Julia Davis parks and city-owned golf courses.
Unauthorized vehicles will be towed at owner's risk and expense. Boise Valley Towing at (208) 389-9707.