750 N MOUNTAIN COVE RD
Archery Range Site Exploration
The Boise Parks and Recreation Department is hosting a community meeting on Wednesday, January 16 in the library at Boise High School at 6 p.m. to discuss relocation of the city’s archery range. The range is currently located in Military Reserve just off Mountain Cove Road in the basin adjacent to the former dog off-leash area.
Parks and Recreation has been working with representatives from the archery community over the last several months to explore locations for the archery range. Due to construction of the new bike skills park in the reserve where the dog off-leash area was located, a new dog park will be developed where the archery range is currently located. Construction of the new dog park is expected to begin in the coming months and the current plan is to relocate the archery range prior to construction.
At the community meeting on Jan. 16, city staff will outline the alternative sites for the archery range that have been explored and discuss the preferred relocation plan. Members of the community will have a chance to provide feedback following the presentation.
Members of the community will have a chance to provide feedback following the presentation.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, the preferred relocation option and other sites analyzed throughout this process can be viewed here.
Feedback can also be submitted to BPR@cityofboise.org
The Archery Range is an addition to the Military Reserve for those who enjoy the recreation of archery.
- One at 10 yards
- Two at 20 yards
- Two at 30 yards
- One at 40 yards
- One at 50 yards
- One at 60 yards
Archery Safety Regulations
- Archers shall shoot only at designated targets.
- Archers shall shoot only from shooting line.
- Archers shall ensure that the area is clear before shooting.
- All archers must be done shooting before arrows are retrieved.
- All children under twelve (12) shall be under adult supervision.
- Archery range is open from sunrise to sunset.
- Archers shall treat the archery range with respect, pick up trash and leave the area cleaner than upon arrival.
- All competitive events must be approved by and scheduled through Boise Parks & Recreation Department.
Archers Shall Not
- Use broadhead arrows.
- Use crossbows.
- Use paintball guns or firearms of any sort.
- Use personal target butts.
- Use alcoholic beverages within the boundaries of the archery range.
- Allow pets within the boundaries of the archery range.
Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
The Archery Range is available at a drop-in basis with no
cost to users.
It may be reserved for Community Events. There is a
$50/day reservation fee. Call our reservation line at (208)
608-7644 to make a reservation.
Smoking is prohibited in all public parks, including within 20 feet of the Boise Greenbelt, except in designated areas within Ann Morrison and Julia Davis parks and city-owned golf courses.
NOTE: E-cigarettes are not prohibited under the ordinances.
Unauthorized vehicles will be towed at owner's risk and expense. Boise Valley Towing at (208) 389-9707.