Alta Harris Park Site (Undeveloped)
Twenty acres of undeveloped land along the Boise River will one day be the site of the Alta Harris Community Park. Alta Harris Community Park is the seventh riverside park in the "Ribbon of Jewels" named for prominent local women. Located off Eckert Road northeast of Barber Park.
Alta Harris Biography
In 1950, Alta and Dallas moved the sawmill to the Boise area, calling it Harris Brothers Lumber Company, eventually becoming Producers Lumber Company and then they began acquiring land in East Boise along the Boise River. There they established a ranch raising Hereford cattle, which still operates today. The real estate development project, Harris Ranch, takes its name from this family enterprise. Dallas and Alta were true partners in business and life. Alta has invested energy in civic and religious activities as well as promoting Christian education. Once developed, amenities may include sport fields, playground, restrooms, picnic shelters and connection to the Greenbelt. The park site is located on the north bank of the Boise River in the Harris Ranch development. Alta and Dallas Harris had four children: Felicia Burkhalter, Gary Harris, Millie Davis and Randy Harris.
A Master Plan is a concept drawing illustrating recreation facilities and landscape features planned for a park site. It does not necessarily represent what amenities are currently in a park.