Dogs Off-Leash Parks/Areas
The City of Boise offers a variety of opportunities for dogs and their owners to roam freely.
- 4 Dog Off-Leash Parks and designated foothills trails (available everyday from sunrise to sunset). Feature mulch or sand surface material.
- 9 Dog Off-Leash Areas (available for off-leash use seasonally or during designated hours) in developed multi-use parks with green grass, restrooms and irrigation.
- Fort Boise Park (155 E Garrison Rd) will become a temporary dog off-leash park during construction of a new Bike Skills Park and dog park in Military Reserve. For more information on this project, please visit our Military Reserve page.
Boise City Code requires that dogs be on a leash at all City Parks and Facilities, unless otherwise indicated. For laws regarding dogs in parks, please visit our Rules, Regulations and Compliance web page.
Please note: Dogs are not allowed at Quinn’s Pond, Veterans Park Pond and Esther Simplot Park year-round in an effort to keep the swimming ponds clean and open for public use.
Dog parks are planned at Borah, Bowler, Magnolia and Molenaar Parks plus the undeveloped Murgoitio site. They will be constructed once funding is available for development.
View Larger Map (opens in a new window and contains additional print and measure functionality!)
- Click on "Details" or "Legend" to bring up information in the left-hand pane.
- Click on "Basemap" to change the map's background.
- Click on a map symbol to "pop-up" additional information and a link to the park webpage.
- Zoom in and out using the mouse scroll or click on the + and - .
- When using the search box, include "Boise, ID" to narrow down the search. (ex: Morris Hill Dog Park, Boise, ID)