Boise City Open Space and Clean Water Advisory Committee
In November of 2015, a resounding majority of Boise voters approved a temporary tax to raise money to preserve open space and improve clean water in Boise. Citizens clearly indicated a strong desire to protect wildlife habitat, provide recreational opportunities, and enhance clean water for the enjoyment of future generations. As part of this initiative, a citizens advisory committee was created to provide recommendations associated with the expenditure of these funds to Boise City Mayor and Council. The Boise City Open Space and Clean Water Advisory Committee was established by the Boise City Mayor and Council to serve in an advisory capacity in each of the following ways:
- Work in collaboration with City staff and within the framework of Boise City management plans (such as the Interagency Foothills Management Plan, the Boise Open Space Reserve and Boise River Resource Management Plans and the Ridge to Rivers Master Plan) to achieve the goals provided within the Open Space and Clean Water initiative.
- Offer information and support on subjects and projects requiring specialized knowledge or experience.
- Promote, support, and build awareness of the conservation goals for Boise City.
- Promote an environment of learning and continuous improvement to ensure the program makes use of the best available tools and practices for land and water conservation.
- Work with City staff to create an annual report detailing expenditures, projects, and activities that support the City's conservation goals.
The Boise Open Space and Clean Water Advisory Committee meets monthly in the Meeting Station at the Boise Depot, located at 2603 W. Eastover Terrace, Boise, ID, 83706. The meetings begin at 4:00 P.M. unless otherwise posted on the montly agenda.
Meetings are open to the public, and agendas and meeting minutes are posted to the right.
2019 Meeting Schedule:
- January 3, 2019
- February 7, 2019
- March 7, 2019
- April 4, 2019
- May 2, 2019
- June 6, 2019
- July 4, 2019 (canceled)
- August 1, 2019
- September 5, 2019
- October 3, 2019
- November 7, 2019
- December 5, 2019