4th of July
Families are invited to join us on Independence Day for the 10th Annual Fourth of July Fireworks Celebration in Ann Morrison Park. The fireworks display will start at approximately 10:15 p.m.
The event will be free to the public and the fireworks synced to the music on 107.1 K-HITS!
The fireworks display is made possible due to the generous support from various organizations and individuals in the community, including City of Boise, Fred Meyer, Mountain America Credit Union, The Idaho Statesman, Tomlinson & Associates, Inc., Boise Housing Corporation, College of Western Idaho, J.R. Simplot Co., Intermountain Gas, Micron Foundation, Idaho Power’s Boise Operations Center, Grove Hotel, and George and Bev Harad.
Before the Fireworks:
Gem State Kiwanis Annual 4th of July Pancake Breakfast
WHERE: Julia Davis Park - next to the Gene Harris Bandshell
WHEN: July 4th, 7:00 am to 11:00 am
$5.00 - Children 13 & under
$7.00 - Seniors
$8.00 - Adults
$25.00 - Families, 2 Adults 2 or more children
FREE - Current Active Duty and family
Tickets may be purchased in advance by calling Karen at (208) 331-1456 or at the door the day of the event.
There will be food and beverage vendors in the park beginning food service no later than 5:00 p.m.
Fireworks Show Time: 10:15 p.m.
Ann Morrison Park will be closed the Fourth of July to all vehicle traffic except those with disability placards.
Limited vehicle access (short-term) will be allowed in the parking lot near the Royal Boulevard entrance to pick up river floaters. The shuttle bus pickup for river floaters will have regular access to the park. Equipment rental at Barber Park will be open until 6 p.m. The last shuttle bus pick up will depart from Ann Morrison Park at 7:00 p.m.
Disabled parking is provided in Ann Morrison lots off of Americana Boulevard. Official disability license plate or placard required for access to these lots.
Vehicles parked illegally or blocking access for emergency vehicles will be towed.
Free public parking will be provided by Boise State University in the Brady Garage (accessible from Brady Street).
Capital City Development Corporation is providing FREE parking all day in downtown Boise in the following public garages:
- Eastman: 848 W. Main St.
- Capitol Terrace: 770 W. Main St.
- City Centre: 312 S. 9th St.
- Grove Street: 234 S. 10th St.
- Boulevard: 245 S. Capitol Blvd.
- Myrtle Street: 789 W. Broad Street
Starting at 6:30 p.m. July 4, the Crescent Rim neighborhood will be restricted to those who have "neighborhood passes (Only available to residents with a Crescent Rim Address)". Officers will allow vehicles with passes through until 9:45 p.m. unless it is determined that it would be unsafe to do so at an earlier time. Crescent Rim will be accessible by foot/bicycle throughout the night. Barricades will be in place at Crescent Rim/Latah, Crescent Rim/Eastover Terrace.
After the Fireworks
At the conclusion of the fireworks, Americana Boulevard will be closed for approximately 45 minutes to allow pedestrians to exit the park. Officers will assist pedestrians exiting the park and will also be staffing closures at Americana/Shoreline and Americana/Emerald/Latah. Officers will also be in the area of Capitol/University to assist pedestrians crossing Capitol Boulevard.
Traffic may be heavily congested as you leave Ann Morrison Park. Please be courteous and careful as you exit.
- If you plan to visit the park to view the fireworks, please come prepared and be mindful of the following:
- No fireworks or sparklers are allowed in the park.
- Please leave pets at home.
- Consider bringing the following items: water, sunscreen, bug spray, flashlight and a blanket or chair to sit on.
- Bring a flashlight to facilitate a safe and visible exit from the park after the show.
- No glass bottles or containers are allowed in the park.
- Please use the recycle receptacles in the park for cans, plastic bottles and plastic cups.
- Alcoholic beverages are illegal within 250 feet of the Boise River.
- Smoking is prohibited except in a designated area in the southwest corner of the park near the duck pond.
- The Disc Golf Course will be closed July 3rd and 4th in Ann Morrison Park.
- The organizers and sponsors thank you in advance for your cooperation and look forward to seeing you on the Fourth of July!
Volunteers are needed for a number of shifts on Monday, July 4th. Shifts are approximately 4 hours and run through the end of the event at 11:00 p.m.
We welcome all sorts of volunteer support, ranging from friendly faces at the information and check-in booths to folks securing the fireworks perimeter to help keep everyone safe. Volunteers must be age 18 or older.
Click on this link to view available volunteer shifts and to register as a volunteer.
Volunteers help make these community events a success. We hope you will consider participating – or send it on to a group who might want to help out!
For more information, contact: Dee Oldham at firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 608-7620.
Mike Journee, Office of the Mayor, Communications Director, (208) 384-4402, email@example.com