Bernardine Quinn Riverside Park
3150 W PLEASANTON AVE
Quinn Riverside Park is an undeveloped park located north of the
Boise River between Fairview Avenue and Veterans Parkway, and is
dominated by a 22-acre pond. Adjacent to the Greenbelt, the park
will include fishing docks, a small beach area for canoe landings,
and picnic area with a shelter.
A waterway is planned to connect
the Bernadine Quinn's pond and the two ponds at the Simplot site.
This waterway will improve water quality and wildlife habitat, as
well as provide flat water recreation opportunities, such as
canoeing, kayaking, etc.
Previously the site of the gravel
operation for the Quinn Robbins construction company. Land for the
park was donated to the City of Boise in 1997.
Quinn, a native of La Crosse, Wisconsin, moved to Boise in 1910
after her father established a cleaning supply firm in the City of
Trees. A graduate of St. Teresa's Academy, Bernardine later served
as secretary of the Boise Chamber of Commerce.
In 1924, Bernardine married Maurice
Harold Quinn, founder of the Quinn Robbins heavy construction
company. A longtime member of the Catholic Women's League,
Bernardine was active in the church throughout her life. She was
also involved in civic organizations, including the Silver Sage
Council of the Girl Scouts and St. Alphonsus Hospital.
Wondering about where to fish in Boise ponds? The Idaho
Department of Fish & Game stocks several ponds in city parks
maintained by the Boise Parks & Recreation. For the stocking
schedule, see Idaho Fish & Game Stocking Information.
A Master Plan is a concept
drawing illustrating recreation facilities and landscape features
planned for a park site. It does not necessarily represent what
amenities are currently in a park.