Rules & Regulations Regarding Dogs
Boise City Code
Dog Owners must adhere to the following rules when visiting Boise City Parks with their dogs:
- Dogs are required to be licensed (BCC 6-07).
- Dogs may not harass humans or other animals (BCC 6-07).
- Dogs must be on a leash unless in an area otherwise indicated (BCC 13-03-06).
- Owners are required to remove fecal matter deposited by their pets (BCC 13-03-06).
Park users in violation of any of the above ordinances or any other rules of the parks outlined in Boise City Code may be cited, fined, and asked to leave.
- Dog Off-Leash Parks & designated foothills trails are available everyday from sunrise to sunset. Feature mulch or sand surface materials; no green grass.
- Dog-Off Leash Areas are available for off-leash use seasonally or during designated hours. They are multi-use parks that are fully developed with green grass, restrooms and irrigation.
Dog Off-Leash Rules & Regulations
Visitors to the Dog Off-Leash Parks/Areas should be aware of the following:
- You must wear a visible and current license.
- If you're aggressive, you're not welcome. Period.
- You are legally responsible for your dog's behavior and any injuries or damages he/she causes.
- By entering the dog off-leash area, you do so at your own risk and agree to abide by all park rules.
- Never leave the off-leash area without your dog(s), leave them unattended, or allow them out of sight.
- You are required to carry the equipment necessary to clean up after your dog. Remove and dispose of waste in bins provided.
- Always carry a leash; leash dog(s) when entering/leaving park.