Movies Under the Stars
Families will enjoy a fun-filled evening of kids’ activities and great films on seven evenings for the “Movies Under the Stars” in Boise.
The fun begins at 7 p.m. with free games for kids provided by the Boise Parks and Recreation Mobile Recreation Van. Kids will get moving with capture the flag, dodgeball and other field games.
At dusk, family-friendly movies are shown on a huge 30’ inflatable movie screen.
The free family movies and fun are presented by Boise Parks and Recreation and the Boise Schools Education Foundation with support from Wesselman Solutions.
Movies and locations include:
- June 17: Sing - Julia Davis Park, 700 S Capitol Blvd.
- June 24: The Secret Life of Pets - Bowden Park, 3230 W Edson St.
- July 15: Moana - Julia Davis Park, 700 S Capitol Blvd.
- July 22: Pete's Dragon - Sunset Park, 2625 N 32nd St.
- August 5: Finding Dory - Ivywild Park, 416 W Ivywild St.
- August 12: LEGO Batman - Fort Boise Park, 155 E Garrison Rd.
- August 19: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Julia Davis Park, 700 S Capitol Blvd.
- August 26: BFG - Molenaar Park, 2815 S Maple Grove Rd.
Tips for a Perfect “Movies Under the Stars” night out
- Please leave your pets at home!
- Please DO NOT drop off your children and leave them unattended.
- Lock your bicycles in designated bike racks. Please don’t lay your bike on the ground next to you; we are trying to allow as many people as possible to enjoy the movies.
- Don’t forget bug spray.
- Bring a flashlight.
- Bring a blanket to wrap up in, it can get cold in the evening.
- Trash cans and recycle bins will be available, please leave the park as clean as you found it.
- This is a DRUG-FREE family friendly event, NO alcohol and NO smoking please!
For more information visit the Boise Public Schools Education Schools Education Foundation Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BPSEF.